Lately I have read several travel blogs knocking McDonalds and suggesting that you should eat “real food”
As someone who once thought going to a Wimpy Bar was cool I don’t know if I’m qualified to judge but I think McDonalds is OK. Years ago before I did much travelling and as they usurped Wimpy I thought their burgers were rubbish (really they still are) but I have come to recognise McDonalds charms.
- They are in nearly every country.
- The toilets are clean(ish) remember where you are!
- The food may be slightly different from home but it is recognisable as food. After a few weeks of mysterious slimy objects on your plate or an overload of curry for breakfast it begins to taste delicious.
- Its cheap – everywhere. In the places it seems pricey nearly everything else costs more!
- Free Wi-fi – a big bonus in places where it is expensive or difficult to get online.
- Coffee – they have coffee as you know it, not Turkish or Malaysian or any other variety of disgusting just coffee!