The Green room at the Marlowe theatre is not an obvious place for morning coffee but a good choice if you need to go to the Marlowe to book a show.
Creams has only just opened in Canterbury. It is very near the cathedral and seems to be aimed at the tourist afternoon tea market.
Carluccios is in Fenwicks next to the bus station.
Didn’t know Nadine’s Coffee House was here but it was a great find.
Its a really nice place and surprisingly big inside.
There are sandwiches and an excellent range of homemade cakes, they had a Victoria sponge, chocolate cake , carrot cake and a couple of others when we were there.
The menu also has options for lunch and there is wi-fi.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful and there is a nice outside space at the back. There is even a marquee for the smokers.
- Nadine’s is in Ivy Lane but this is only a short walk from the high street once you know it is there.
- The service was outstanding , the staff were genuinely friendly
- The seating was spacious and comfortable.
- The coffee was delicious.
- Best cake in a cafe for a long time and the others looked as good.
- Very good value for money.
- The toilets, like the rest of the cafe, were spotless.
Absolutely loved this cafe.
I noticed a poster for afternoon tea and we will go back and try that sometime.