Afternoon Tea at Patisserie Valerie
Finger sandwiches in different breads cucumber, smoked salmon and a delicious pesto and chicken.
Two scones each with jam and cream.
A selection of cream cakes.
- Excellent location in the high street next to the Chaucer statue.
- Good service with a friendly waiter.
- We had a nice reserved table.
- The Earl Grey tea was very good and the pot was refilled.
- The food was delicious especially the mini quiche.
- Not cheap but good value for a treat.
- The toilets showed signs of heavy use but had obviously been cleaned earlier in the day (lovely smelling hand wash).
Too much food we should have only eaten one scone each to save ourselves for the cream cakes.
Never mind we struggled on and managed to finish everything!
This is one of the best cafes in Canterbury with an excellent menu and good staff.
The Turquoise Cafe in Butchery Lane sells real Turkish coffee and backlava. It has a good range of delicious looking cakes and tarts and an extensive hot drink menu.
A nice upstairs room.
- Excellent location near the cathedral.
- The service was very offhand not sure they really wanted any customers that morning. We won’t be going back so I don’t know if that was just an off day.
- Not cheap but reasonable for what we ordered.
- Nice place upstairs to sit with comfortable chairs.
- We didn’t try the Turkish coffee but had hot chocolate and a cup of Earl Grey, both very good.
- The food we had was excellent, large slices and the option of cream on top.
- The toilet is at the top of the spiral staircase!
Looks nice and the selection of food and drink is good but I won’t go back to somewhere with such an off hand attitude to paying customers.
Shame as it could be a nice place.
Dubai is all about money, the hotels are ultra expensive and the shops on the malls are all designer.
A Day in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the UAE. Its on an island 250 metres from the mainland but connected by bridges.