The Turquoise Cafe in Butchery Lane sells real Turkish coffee and backlava. It has a good range of delicious looking cakes and tarts and an extensive hot drink menu.
A nice upstairs room.
- Excellent location near the cathedral.
- The service was very offhand not sure they really wanted any customers that morning. We won’t be going back so I don’t know if that was just an off day.
- Not cheap but reasonable for what we ordered.
- Nice place upstairs to sit with comfortable chairs.
- We didn’t try the Turkish coffee but had hot chocolate and a cup of Earl Grey, both very good.
- The food we had was excellent, large slices and the option of cream on top.
- The toilet is at the top of the spiral staircase!
Looks nice and the selection of food and drink is good but I won’t go back to somewhere with such an off hand attitude to paying customers.
Shame as it could be a nice place.