The Beaney cafe is on the ground floor of the library building in the High Street.
Malaysia’s Cameron Highlands are a welcome respite from the heat in the lowlands. The main draw is the beautiful green landscape covered by tea plantations. There are commercial tourist attractions but they are very gentle and about tea or wildlife.
Afternoon Tea at Patisserie Valerie
Finger sandwiches in different breads cucumber, smoked salmon and a delicious pesto and chicken.
Two scones each with jam and cream.
A selection of cream cakes.
- Excellent location in the high street next to the Chaucer statue.
- Good service with a friendly waiter.
- We had a nice reserved table.
- The Earl Grey tea was very good and the pot was refilled.
- The food was delicious especially the mini quiche.
- Not cheap but good value for a treat.
- The toilets showed signs of heavy use but had obviously been cleaned earlier in the day (lovely smelling hand wash).
Too much food we should have only eaten one scone each to save ourselves for the cream cakes.
Never mind we struggled on and managed to finish everything!
This is one of the best cafes in Canterbury with an excellent menu and good staff.
The Moat Tea rooms are in Burgate.
Downstairs there are many different teas available to buy.
There are a few tables but more up the very steep stairs. The floor is so steeply sloped in the front room upstairs that we moved to the back.
This cafe emphasises its traditional feel with cakes in the window and old fashioned tables and china.
There are small round tables with pretty cloths to look like an old fashioned tea room.
There are a variety of different teas on the menu. I had my favourite, an Earl Grey, the description on the menu was much better than the actual tea but maybe that is just down to personal taste.
The scones were warm and the cream and jam were both good quality.
- Good location, near the cathedral.
- The service was welcoming and the waitress was efficient.
- There are plenty of tables upstairs.
- We had tea so I can’t comment on the coffee!
- The food was very nice.
- the prices are reasonable.
- The toilets are clean!
This tea room is mainly aimed at tourists but we really enjoyed our cream teas. Would be happy to go back.