The Beaney cafe is on the ground floor of the library building in the High Street.
Not an obvious place to have a coffee if your not in the building anyway but they advertise cream teas on a board outside.
There are vintage bikes on all the walls. They do look quite good but they badly need dusting. We ordered cream teas and a sandwich. The Earl Grey was good and the coffee ok but the sandwich was underwhelming to say the least. There is free wi-fi if you get a code from the library reception.
- Good location right on the high street.
- The service was friendly.
- The tea and coffee were ok but not great.
- The scones were a bit dry but the cream was good.
- Good price.
- The toilets belong to the library and are obviously used a lot. They smell.
Perfectly ok if you don’t need the loo but not worth bothering unless you are going to the museum or library.