Nasons department store in the high street has both a coffee shop and a restaurant. First stop the coffee shop.
The coffee shop is large with windows looking over the green space behind the Canterbury Tales. They serve sandwiches, soup and cakes with a range of hot and cold drinks. We chose coffee and toffee cake. The sandwiches did look very good, brown bread and very well filled. The decor is not great, they are promoting Pavers shoes and a range of cups and candles. Its a bit “Are you being served.”
A few pictures might have improved things a little. But anyway on to the important thing- the coffee. Not sure there was any coffee in the coffee- if it hadn’t been brown there would have been no evidence at all. On the plus side the cake did taste of toffee.
- Great location in the High Street.
- The staff were friendly and efficient.
- Lots of room and plenty of seats.
- The coffee was appalling.
- The cake was nice and the sandwiches looked tasty.
- Not expensive.
- The toilets, shared with the restaurant are ancient and grubby, my toilet seat wasn’t attached to anything.